Thursday, May 26, 2011

UFOs

UnFinished Objects. I have many. If you know a knitter, she has some. It's an epidemic among us that some projects get left in the middle. High and dry. Un.Finished. A necessary evil actually. I mean, if all you can do is one project at a time and you find yourself hating said project... you might find yourself quitting knitting all together. Since we can't really stand that idea we instead have ... the UFO. Ask a knitter. Do they have an afghan started and shoved somewhere? I do. Do they have a sweater that isn't working? I do. Did they think they could be a sock knitter and try that? I did. I'm telling you . E.P.I.D.E.M.I.C.

In the interest of (almost) full disclosure I have gone through the knitting basket. (so long as you understand this to mean all projects started in about the last month - not the fossils long ago started and forgotten), I've taken pictures of all these projects hoping that if I show them I will finish them. Here's to hoping.

So. Here we go. *sigh*  Please don't be disappointed in me. We all have weakness'.

1.(&2 really) Firstly. I feel a need to revisit projects we've seen and I've admitted to already. The scrappie overalls, sadly needing only buttons, a front pocket and 2 (yes only 2)more ends weaved in, and the slippers of mass destruction. The many parts sewn up, felted to perfection I believe, needing only to be finished with buttons and tab application. *double sigh*

sadly a size 8ish instead of the 9.5 I needed

I blame these for the lack of blogging as I practically promised they would be done for the next blog entry.

3.&4. Customer projects. These are started and a good chunk done.  Halter onesie:


and shorties in Peace, Baby  by Western Sky Knits, which I a.d.o.r.e.  - everything Jess sends me is awesome sauce. everything. 

5. Last minute dolly outfit for hubby's silent auction at work. Blue Sky organic cotton YUM. must. finish. by tomorrow.

6. Project for dearest of friends. Ran out of colorway with 4 (yep just enough to require another skein) rows to go so here they sit. (yarn is now purchased for finishing)
7. The Curse-ed sock. You know how it starts to sound weird if you say a word too many times. Like FROG. frog. frog. frog - doesn't it sound weird now? like wrong? Well the same thing (sort-of) happens with knitting where if someone says something enough times you're compelled to try it - sock. sock. sock. Blasted Sonja(Sister-in-law, not to be trusted, wily and crooked with IDEAS) and blasted Yarn Harlot. This is a practice sock. Which I hope will be a practice pair. I hope.


8. Totally and completely unplanned random project. Last weekend I went to Chicago with the bestest of women. We might've stopped at some yarn stores. I might have slipped and bought some ramdom yarn to start a Wallaby for Lukester. Oops. But it was super fun knitting on the way home from Chicago. :)

9. Customer/Friend sweater. This sweater/tank will be gorgeous. Oh it will. I cast on and knit the band 3 times already. I might've done some deep breathing before the third time. The yarn is not exactly what the pattern calls for so it's a little bit of adjusting for me, which is totally fine and I will handle it ... but... it wasn't enough fun for the trip to Chicago so I'm going to get back to it... really soon. It's going to be the cutest Sorelle Felici EVER.

10.&11. Longies which look done, but are not. The monster needs top teeth and an icord and the other needs it's bum design (a secret). So close... and yet, not finished.


So these are the UFO's. I am committed to finishing them. Tomorrow begins the parade of FO's (finished objects) ... I promise.

1 comment: