Monday, May 30, 2011

and... FO's

The parade begins. It's so much more fun to show the finished object pictures. There is also a really good feeling that comes with completion. I wish I could keep a better hold on the satisfying completion feeling whenever I'm tempted to start something *new* and *fun*.

First up. Two very satisfying finishings. These became silent auction items for a Heartwalk fundraiser at my husbands workplace (they sell medical devices and are highly interested in all things that help with fixing hearts and keeping them healthy).

This is a dolly outfit meant to fit an American Girl doll or similar 18'' doll (like Greta has - hers is modeling). I love the Kaia Babydolly  pattern and was really enamored with how the bell bottom stripes worked out.

and ... my train wreck. Otherwise known as French Press Slippers. My first time with this pattern and clearly there is a learning curve for felting. I did expect this, though, as previously discussed I was under the mistaken impression that I'd probably make tons of these slippers so I didn't think the learning curve would be an issue. These were a hit at the auction and my husband reports many others requested them in their sizes. Any guesses how long before I make another pair?
I actually love how they turned out and they weren't so hard... and the planned recipient (with the size 9.5 feet) saw and loved them. So, you may see another pair in the works soon with a goal of fitting a little larger foot.

Also finished... shorties. One more pair after this and F is all set for summer!
This is a good start, right? Stay tuned for more (soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment