Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to our regularly scheduled programming


Now that you know how much I love yarn (blush)... we'll get back to the reason I love yarn.  I am totally over the moon for knitting. And this being the point of the blog I'll get back to my projects as of late.

Know what else I love? stash busting! (using up the little leftover bits from a project OR using random yarn that was bought without a project in mind and has been there for.ever.) Hopefully if you're a knitter you know what I mean, and if you're not... well, just look at the pretty pictures.

Awhile back I had a chance to be a tester for a new pattern. It is the Every Season Sweater and I wanted to knit it for my favorite girlie. (Tester? yeah. I had to explain it to a lot of people who thought maybe the bonus would be that the designer sent me the yarn - no. The bonus is you get paid?- no. The bonus is that I get the pattern for free! For us knitters sometimes it's the little things.) Anyway. I had just received the perfect yarn and got to work. Although I wasn't a huge fan of all the flat knitting I loved the finished product!

I loved the cute detail of the cuffs and the perfect clasp for holding it on my busy (now 5 year old) little girl. The yarn is a delicious single ply (so soft) kettle dyed (no pooling) springy merino. YUM!
She just wanted it to be pink.


After a year of the leftovers sitting around I made this little Kenna Button Top and matching bloomers for a new little babe joining our church small group. Using the colorway as the trim gave this baby pink ensemble just enough color. (in my opinion anyway) The buttons are made by the incredible Tessa Ann.

Surely this much pink and pastel can bring about spring, right? Here's hopin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment